A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy environment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a watch upcycling program and news from NYC Climate Week.
NEW YORK, Sept. 22, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the environment industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Organic Valley Joins Climate Week NYC to Highlight How Doing Dairy Right Can be Part of the Climate Solution
Organic Valley launched Protecting Where Your Food Comes From, a new campaign that highlights the importance of our food system and protecting small organic family farms, which are home to countless plants and animals and help reverse the effects of climate change.
- Industry leaders urged to contribute to a comprehensive new climate report card to shape UN climate negotiations
The first UNFCCC Global Stocktake represents a critical moment to course correct and accelerate climate action where it is most needed. In contrast to the Global Stocktake, which focusses on country-level emissions, the Corporate Climate Stocktake examines the pace of clean energy adoption within economic sectors.
- Timex Launches Takeback Program Designed to Help Ensure No Watch Ends Up in a Landfill
Starting today (Sept. 20), Timex invites everyone to ship their pre-loved watches back (any watch from any brand) to either be upcycled into new products or available for purchase on the Timex ReWound site.
- Ocean Infinity secures survey contract for first-ever floating offshore windfarm project on US West Coast
Under the terms of this contract, Ocean Infinity will undertake a comprehensive site investigation survey using multiple AUVs (Autonomous Underwater Vehicles) simultaneously for Equinor’s groundbreaking floating offshore wind lease area (OCS-P 0563).
- Back to the Roots is Launching the Garden Industry’s 1st Ever Soil Packaging Made from 100% Post-Consumer Recycled Plastic
“We ultimately envision a world where our community can bring back their own reusable totes into stores to fill up with soil year after year after year; but in the meantime, we want to reduce & recycle — each bag we sell should use less and less drilled oil/gas and virgin plastic,” says Co-Founder & Co-CEO Alejandro Velez.
- Thomas’® Celebrates National Public Lands Day with Third Annual Volunteer Trail Cleanup Event
On-site, volunteers who share a love for their community and passion for nature will support the Forest Park Trails Program, inclusive of enhancing opportunities for outdoor recreation, expanding the park’s designated walking trails and creating ADA accessible paths to accommodate all abilities. They will also maintain and improve the ecological health of the forest through maintenance, beautification, weeding, and trash removal.
- Hertz and Mayor Adams Launch “Hertz Electrifies New York City”
Through the initiative, Hertz intends to add up to 1,700 rental EVs to its local fleet, create 100 new jobs to serve its growing New York presence, and partner with four public high schools to create EV education and training opportunities for students.
- Climate Impact Partners’ Annual Report Reveals Climate Commitment Issues Among Fortune Global 500 Companies
“The lack of climate commitments from some of the world’s largest companies is concerning as we get closer to 2030. At this critical juncture, we need companies to lean in, not pull away,” said Sheri Hickok, CEO of Climate Impact Partners.
- Freepoint Eco-Systems to Construct Advanced Recycling Facility in Arizona
The ISCC Plus Certified facility will recycle end-of-life waste plastic otherwise destined for landfills or incineration. It will span 40 acres of currently undeveloped land and have the capacity to recycle approximately 180,000 tons of waste plastic per year, making it one of the largest advanced recycling facilities in the world.
- The Rockefeller Foundation Commits over USD 1 Billion to Advance Climate Solutions
“The strategy is designed around a simple idea: humanity does not have to choose between addressing climate change and advancing human opportunity, we simply have to work in new ways and at a bigger scale and with new people and in new places to make sure everyone cannot just survive the climate crisis but thrive,” said Dr. Rajiv J. Shah, President of The Rockefeller Foundation.
- Tree Vitalize Publishes Extensive Study Analyzing Urban Forest Diversity Across 63 U.S. Cities
“This research isn’t just a gathering of numbers,” said Tree Vitalize founder Fern Berg. “It’s a call to action for urban planners, government bodies, and community members to recognize the crucial role that urban forests play in our collective well-being.”
Read more of the latest environment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenv on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 440,000 newsrooms, websites, direct feeds, journalists and influencers and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-environment-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301935638.html
Images courtesy of https://pixabay.com